If you have received the error message "General Extraction" or "ES1" the information below can help you over come this.
1. Right-click on a game shortcut (or the shortcut to the games manager itself)
2. Choose "Properties"
3. Click the "Compatibility" tab
4. Uncheck the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for"
5. Click "OK"
If this fails, please report this to us in a support ticket and provide as much of the following information as possible:
- Whether your version of Windows is an upgrade from a Windows Vista computer or a new one pre-installed with Windows.
- Game title(s) affected and time of last attempted installation.
- As far as games that need the compatibility box checked to run, can you let us know which ones? If we can confirm that they only run in compatibility mode, we may need to be republish them or contact the original developers for updated versions that do not require the compatibility mode.
- In some situations users have also found disabling the Data Execution Tab may help resolve the issue. Please click HERE for a Microsoft article explaining how to do so.
For Windows 8/8.1/10 users, ES1 errors on downloaded games signifies a compatibility issue for specific titles we are addressing. Please click HERE for more information on expected compliant titles and to receive updates as we republish our older catalog of favorites.